Specially engineered Carrot Drift / Steel Erectors Drift based on feedback from Steel Fixers - used to line up holes in girders and crossmembers.Click on product image to read reviews
The unique tapered design means it can be used for several hole sizes (as opposed to one size only). As a result this steel fixers drift is more practical and a lot more cost effective, with a "one drift fits all" approach.
The 3 sizes available cover all the main bolt sizes.
- Made from hardened steel
- Length: 200mm (8")
- Diameter (covering hole sizes): 10-20mm (just over 3/8" to just under 13/16")
- Taper: 127mm (5")
- A hole is provided to accommodate a tool safety lanyard.
- The flats on the heads of the drifts enable an adjustable podger spanner to be used to release it (if required).
To use simply:
1. Use a club hammer to knock the drift into one of the holes of the fixing Weight
2. Affix bolts into the remaining holes
3. Use either a club hammer or an adjustable podger spanner (onto the flat head on the drift - if a hammer isn't practical) to remove it
4. Complete the fixing by putting in the final bolt
(largest size, packaged): 0.480kgEstimated Delivery (working days): 1-2 daysUK Shipping Category:
Economy Delivery - £5.94 (£4.95 +VAT)