Specially engineered Carrot Drift / Steel Erectors Drift based on feedback from Steel Fixers - used to line up holes in girders and crossmembers.
The unique tapered design means the drift can be used for several hole sizes (as opposed to one size as with a carrot drift). As a result the steel fixers drift is more practical and a lot more cost effective with a "one drift fits all" approach (for example you would need around £42 worth of carrot drifts to cover sizes 14mm - 23mm).
- Made from hardened steel.
- Length: 200mm (8")
- Diameter (covering hole sizes): 14-23mm (just under 9/16" to 9/10")
- Taper: 127mm (5")
- A hole is provided to accommodate a tool safety lanyard.
- The flats on the heads of the drifts enable an adjustable podger spanner to be used to release the drift (if required).
To use the drifts simply:
1. Use a club hammer to knock the drift into one of the holes of the fixing
2. Affix bolts into the remaining holes
3. Use either a club hammer or an adjustable podger spanner (onto the flat head on the drift - if a hammer isn't practical) to remove the drift
4. Complete the fixing by putting in the final bolt