Tramex Skipper 5 SMM5 – the latest non-destructive marine moisture meter from Tramex. Designed to safely detect excess moisture hidden in GRP boat hulls, wooden decks and coach roofs.
The Tramex SMM5 is a dual-depth, non-destructive marine moisture meter that’s pocket-sized, easy to use and ready to go, with no user calibration required.
It can help identify excess moisture found in timber before painting, sheathing or varnishing, as well as issues such as osmosis problems before blisters appears and wet cores in sandwich or cored structures.
- Dual-depth penetration for surface and core moisture comparative to establish depth of moisture within GRP.
- 5-30% wood moisture content reading range.
- 0-100 comparative reading range.
- Bluetooth connection to IOS & Android Tramex Meters App for Geo-tagged supportive image-based documentary evidence of moisture measurements and readings.
- Large, clear and easy to read analog display - also visible on your phone screen through the app.
- Shallow-depth scale comparable to pin readings in a smaller, more precise footprint.
- Optional extension handle.
How it works
- GRP composites and hardwoods are non-conducting materials, nevertheless their electrical properties change with increasing moisture content. The Tramex Skipper 5 determines moisture content by applying a high-audio frequency signal between a pair of soft rubber electrodes on the instrument base. A third electrode provides genuine shallow range measurements on a smaller footprint.
- Capacitive coupling between the electrodes and the sample allows impedance to be determined. This is interpreted as a moisture value and displayed on a large, clear moving coil meter.
- Additionally, meter readings are sent instantly to the Tramex App via Bluetooth, available on both Android and iOS.
- Size: 160mm x 85mm x 38mm (6.3” x 3.5” x 1.5”)
- Weight: 270g (9.5oz)
- Construction: ABS Body
- Power: x2 AALR6 Alkaline (included)
- Display: Analog
- Shallow signal: up to 10mm (0.40”)
- Deep signal: up to 30mm (1.25”)
- Wood moisture content: 5% - 30%
- Reference scale for building materials: 0 - 100