The Tramex Skipper Plus non-destructive moisture meter provides a complete, safe method for detecting excess moisture in GRP and wooden boats. Three scales of sensitivity allow moisture detection in salt or fresh water.
How it works:
- The Skipper Plus moisture meter detects moisture in wood or GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) by measuring the resistance between two low frequency AC signals transmitted from the soft rubber electrodes on the base of the instrument.
- Because salt water is more conductive than fresh water, the Skipper is fitted with different ranges of sensitivity to allow testing of wood or GRP in either fresh or salt water environments.
- Simply select the correct scale: Scale 1: Moisture content in hardwood for fresh water (%H20)) Scale 2: Moisture in GRP (Comparative) Scale 3: Surface Moisture(Comparative)
- Measuring method: non-destructive signal resistance
- Measurement frequency: 31 KHZ.
- Electrodes: co-planar conductive rubber.
- Dimensions: 150 x 80 x 30 mm (6 x 3.2 x 1.2 inches).
- Weight: 260 grams (9 ounces) including battery.
- Battery: 9 volts PP3 or equivalent.
Condition: NewBrand: TramexManufacturer's Part Number: SMP
Availability: InStockUK Shipping Category:
Price Inc VAT: GBP 414
FREE Next Work Day Delivery! (£0.00) - UK MainlandWeight
(largest size, packaged): 0.430kg
"No hassle" 14 day returns policy - providing the item has not been used.