Specially engineered Carrot Drift / Steel Erectors Drift based on feedback from Steel Fixers - used to line up holes in girders and crossmembers.
The unique tapered design means the drift can be used for several hole sizes (as opposed to one size as with a carrot drift). As a result the steel fixers drift is more practical and a lot more cost effective with a "one drift fits all" approach (for example you would need around £39 worth of carrot drifts to cover sizes 10mm - 20mm).
The 3 sizes of drifts available cover all the main bolt sizes.
- Made from hardened steel
- Length: 200mm (8")
- Diameter (covering hole sizes): 10-20mm (just over 3/8" to just under 13/16")
- Taper: 127mm (5")
- A hole is provided to accommodate a tool safety lanyard.
- The flats on the heads of the drifts enable an adjustable podger spanner to be used to release the drift (if required).
To use the drifts simply:
1. Use a club hammer to knock the drift into one of the holes of the fixing Weight
2. Affix bolts into the remaining holes
3. Use either a club hammer or an adjustable podger spanner (onto the flat head on the drift - if a hammer isn't practical) to remove the drift
4. Complete the fixing by putting in the final bolt
(largest size, packaged): 0.480kgEstimated Delivery (working days): 1-2 daysUK Shipping Category:
Economy Delivery - £4.50 (+VAT)
Steel fixers carrot British made and have given this loads of welly great product ,when I need another will be coming back for more (23/04/2012) Quibell fabrications - Scunthorpe
steel erectors carrott drift very good quality steel.much safer to use a height with lanyard hole (21/06/2011) dave - essex
Good length and diameter. The drifts dont appear to "mushroom" the way others do.the flat end is a nice touch for those awkward times when a hammer cant be used to free the drift from the fixing hole (14/03/2011) -